Thursday, July 15, 2010

summer fun?

I decided that I am possibly the worst blogger ever. I never update! It's not that I'm too busy, but more so that because the past couple weeks I've been trying to get out of this rut. My life is changing dramatically, some for the better, some for the worse, and some I'm just not sure of all together. In less than a month (27 days actually!), I will be thrown in to a completely different culture, home, lifestyle, and career that terrifies me one part of the day, but then ultimately makes me want to dive right in.

I've been in touch with a few roommates and even got a chance to talk to the beautiful woman who is currently in my position. Suddenly after my hour conversation with her, I was at ease. I knew that this path that I am on is the right one and because of some personal situations I've really had the chance the past few weeks to just step back, look at the life I am living, and honestly just let go, and let God.

It's odd when you have those moments of clarity out of nowhere. You don't ever expect them, yet always hope for them. When they come, you feel at peace and, at least for me, I remember why I am doing what I am doing. After all the questioning that my mind has been going through up to this point, I just had this sort of relief sweep over me. I have time to think about me. I remembered what I stand for, what my hopes and dreams are, and am looking at this experience in a whole new light.

This year ahead (and I'm sure the years to follow) are a tremendous learning and growing experience for me. Yes, I have gone on retreats, led alternative breaks, and done countless hours of service to find my passion, but now, I actually get to live it out. How many people get to do what they love? I am truly blessed to be looking at this experience like this, especially now, before I am even there rather than half way in and miss out for the first 6 months haha.

I'm actually sort of scaring myself. I've always been extremely focused and slightly more mature than others about knowing what they want, but now, I honestly can say that I am doing what I want. Who knows? Maybe I'm setting myself up for failure, but maybe, just maybe, I'm setting myself up for life.

There is this video I came across that I think everyone should watch. Don't let the name fool you! It's really short and great and really helped to put all my feelings together. Take a gander! :)




The Eight Irresistible Principles of Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment